The Smokey Valley Horse Selection Experience
- Make Contact- with Dr. Bob Coleman at (859) 559-3188. The initial “get to know each other” discussion will focus on your description of the gaited horse you are looking for, your riding and horse ownership experiences, as well the pricing for quality horses that meet or exceed your selection criteria.
- Buyers are also invited to place an offer for horses that have a live “current offer” window under their description. The window will show the opening bid minimum or the current high offer as well as whether the bid has met or exceeded the reserve for the horse. Offers can be made by simply calling (859) 559-3188.
- Schedule your visit- We recommend that you plan to spend at least two full days with us. If you are not an experienced gaited horse rider or need more time to become more familiar with your new horse, we strongly recommend that you consider enrolling in our 5-day personalized Smokey Valley Gaited Horse Clinic. To book your stay you may call: Jane Pastore Coleman at (480) 231-6843
- Accommodations- In addition to our comfortable two-bedroom barn apartment, visitors may choose to stay in the Lodge or cabins at nearby Carter Caves State Park (15 minutes from the farm) or at the Hampton Inn in Morehead, KY.
- Travel Logistics- If you are traveling by motor vehicle, we are located 1 hour east of Lexington, KY via I-64 or alternatively 35 minutes west of Huntington, West VA via I-64. If you are traveling by air, we are located 1 ½ hours from Bluegrass Airport in Lexington, KY…2 ¼ hours from Northern Kentucky Airport (Cincinnati) … and 35 minutes from Tri-State Airport at Huntington, West VA. The GPS address for Smokey Valley Farm is 5190 State Highway 2, Olive Hill, KY.
- On your first day, we begin by doing an in-depth familiarization for you. This will include (but not be limited to) familiarization of gaited horse-riding techniques and best practices with you using selected horses from our program. Our objective is simply to achieve recommendations for optimal matching prospects for the “rest of your lives together companion”.
- Once we have agreed on the best prospect, we will promptly focus on all the elements that will give you and your new Smokey Valley Horse the essential keys to ensuring the best possible experience for you both. You should expect detailed coaching and as much familiarization and riding time as we can pack into your allocated time us.
FOLLOW UP AND FOLLOW THROUGH…
At Smokey Valley we believe the single most important thing we do for our valued customers is our commitment to supporting you after your purchase. We go to extraordinary lengths to make your experience something truly special.